Wednesday, December 18, 2013

quilt finish

The Christmas quilt is finished!

happy-go-lucky quilt for winter

I backed this quilt with green minky and quilted it with straight lines.  When I use this cuddly double-sided minky, I don't use any batting and it makes for such a comfy, cozy quilt.

Christmas/winter quilt

minky backing

One of these times I would like to try some free motion quilting but for this one it was quickest
 and easiest to stick with the straight lines, and I like how it turned out.

minky quilt back

And a picture of the quilt roll.

quilt roll

winter quilt

I'm really happy I got this quilt done before Christmas and we are able to enjoy our quilt and pillows!

Christmas pillows and quilt

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! Estelle must be so proud of you. You have inherited her quilting gene!

    ReplyDelete